Join the YMCA online from the convenience of your home and begin your healthy lifestyle today! The online joining registration should take about 3-5 minutes. Please review the following membership information and agreements, before entering the online registration system.
Please review the following terms and conditions before proceeding:
Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement
In consideration for being permitted to utilize the facilities, services and programs of the YMCA for any purpose, including but not limited to observation or use of facilities or equipment, or participation in any program affiliated with the YMCA, without respect to location, the undersigned hereby:
- RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE the YMCA, its directors, officers, employees and agents (hereinafter referred to as “releases”) from all liability to the undersigned, his/her personal representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin for any loss or damage and any claim or demands therefore on account of injury to the person or property or resulting in death of the undersigned while the undersigned is in, upon, or about the premises or any facilities or equipment therein, or participating in any program affiliated with the YMCA, without respect to location.
- AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS the releases and each of them from any loss, liability, damage, or cost they may incur due to the presence of the undersigned in, upon or about the YMCA premises or in any way observing or using any facilities or equipment of the YMCA or participating in any program affiliated with the YMCA.
- ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR RISK OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE while in, about, or upon the premises of the YMCA and/or while using the premises or any facilities or equipment thereon or participating in any program affiliated with the YMCA.
THE UNDERSIGNED further expressly agrees that the forgoing RELEASE, WAIVER AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the State of North Carolina and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
THE UNDERSIGNED HAS READ AND VOLUNTARILY SIGNS THE RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, and further agrees that no oral representations, statements, or inducement apart from the foregoing written agreement have been made.
The Bank or credit card draft is a CONTINUOUS, perpetual membership plan. My membership DOES NOT expire upon my request. I understand there are no refunds given. It is my responsibility to check my monthly statement and report any corrections within 30 days to the YMCA. I also understand that I will not receive a statement or billing for my membership from the YMCA.
I completely understand that if I wish to terminate or change the draft amount for the membership in any way, I must fill out the YMCA cancellation or change form in person. I must do so at least 30 days prior to the next draft date and retain a copy of appropriate form for my records. If I change banks or my credit card expires it is my responsibility to update my account information with the Membership desk.
Membership Cards remain the property of the YMCA. The card must be returned upon cancellation of membership. I understand that I need to stop by the front desk to allow entry for the balance of time I have paid for or will be paying. If I decide to rejoin after 30 days, I must pay the standard joining fee to re-join the YMCA.
The YMCA Board of Directors may, at their discretion, adjust the monthly rate applicable to my category of membership. I understand that I will receive at least 30 days notice prior to any such change.
Should my membership draft not be honored for ANY REASON on the 1st of the month, I realize that I am still responsible for that payment and I agree to allow for a re-draft within the month. If payment is still not received after re-draft, I will incur a $10 penalty and my membership will be terminated at months end. I realize my past due balance is my responsibility and may be turned over to a collection agency if not satisfied in a timely manner. Once my past due balance is paid, my membership and draft may be reactivated upon review.
Please Monitor your monthly bank draft or credit card statement for discrepancies. You must report errors within 30 days of occurrence to allow the YMCA to correct the mistake and refund the appropriate amount to the account on file. After 30 days, all errors are subject to review at the discretion of the Membership Director.
The protection of our members and guests participating in our programs and/or using our facilities is of paramount interest to the Wilmington Family YMCA. The Wilmington Family YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse; is a registered sex offender; habitually or excessively uses narcotics or dangerous drugs; has ever been convicted of any offense relating to use, sale, possession or transportation of narcotics or habit forming and/or dangerous drugs; or continuous or excessive use of intoxicating beverages.
Members and guests are encouraged to be responsible for their personal comfort and safety, and to ask any person whose behavior threatens their comfort to refrain. If a member or guest feels uncomfortable in confronting the person directly, they should report the behavior to a staff person or the Building Supervisor on duty.
Y staff members are eager to be of assistance. Members and guests should not hesitate to notify a staff member if assistance is needed.
In order to be able to carry out these policies, we ask that members and guests identify themselves to staff when asked.
Executive Staff will investigate all reported incidents. Suspension or termination of Y membership privileges may result from a determination by the Executive Staff if his/her behavior a violation of the Member Code of Conduct.
YMCA CODE OF CONDUCT
The Wilmington Family YMCA is committed to providing safe, healthy and welcoming atmosphere for its members and guest, while respecting each individual’s privacy. We expect persons using the Y to follow facility policies and use the YMCA Character Development values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility in their conduct and relationship with others.
Specifically, our Y member code of conduct prohibits:
- The unauthorized use of cell phones, cameras, or PDA’s to take photographs or videos of YMCA members or staff anywhere within the YMCA.
- Inappropriate attire worn while at the YMCA. Shorts/ Shoes/Shirts are required to be worn at all times except in the pool area.
- Vulgar Language including swearing, shouting, or name-calling. No Horse play
- Harassment/intimidation or threatening conduct
- Theft or destruction of property
- Demonstration of inappropriate sexual contact or activity
- Improper contact with minors
- Physical contact with another person in an angry or threatening manner
- The use of chemicals, tobacco, or alcohol on YMCA property or while participating in a YMCA activity
- Unauthorized solicitation of members & program participants have to follow all Membership and Program policy signs posted in the YMCA regarding ages for the facility.
Members and guests are encouraged to take personal responsibility and look out for their own safety & the safety of others at the YMCA. If a member or guest observes a problem or encounters a situation they are uncomfortable with, they are to report this to a YMCA staff member immediately.