Job Type: Seasonal
Columbus County, NC
Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, on the deck and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Maintains constant surveillance of the pool area.
- Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Completes related reports as required.
- Maintains effective, positive relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
- Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area.
- Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
- Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
- Performs chemical testing at appropriate times of the day, as required, and takes appropriate action.
- Attends all staff meetings and training as required.
- Provides excellent service to members, guest, and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
- Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Know, understand and consistently apply Daxko Membership policy and procedures.
- Maintain accurate Daxko Accounting policy, close-outs and procedures.
- Maintains and cleans all restrooms.
- Must be flexible to work at different locations.
- Minimum age of 15.
- Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid certification.
- Current YMCA Lifeguarding or Red Cross Lifeguarding
- Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
- Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
- Ability to pass lifeguard water test.
- Must be able to remain alert.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Adequate ability to hear noises and distinguish distress signals.
- Ability to continuously scan all areas of the pool with clear vision.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical tasks necessary for a water rescue.
- Ability to communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in normal and loud situations.
To apply for this position email resume/application to: firstname.lastname@example.org