Masters Swim Coach
Job Type: Part Time
Nir Family YMCA
2710 Market Street
Wilmington, No 28403
Plan, organize and develop swimming workouts for members of various skills and developmental needs. Instructs members in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Assists with development and implementation of member engagement in the fitness field of swimming.
- Answers questions from members to support them in achieving their goals related to healthy living. Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Develop and implement daily workouts for swimmers of all abilities.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Is a team player.
- Maintains open communications with supervisor.
- Responsible for walking around and making adjustments and correcting form during shift.
- Assist in maintaining equipment and informing Director of any breakage or items needing replacement
- Model/reinforce relationship building.
- Responsible for covering their shift. Any substitutes should be called into their Director/coordinator.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
- Required certifications: CPR, First Aid, AED
- Certification in areas of expertise
- YMCA orientation required in first 60 days.
- At least one year of experience coaching preferred.
- Ability to conduct classes and activities.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position; including leading class, walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting.