The opening of the City of Wilmington’s Northside Pool will be delayed for several weeks while damage sustained during Hurricane Florence is being repaired.
During Hurricane Florence, the roof of the pump house was torn off and the building was damaged. Both the pool pump and the pool house are being replaced. Extensive electrical work is required to bring the new pump house up to code once it is completed because of the age of the old pump house. Repairs are expected to total at least $30,000.
Northside Pool, located at 750 Bess Street, is one of the city’s three pools that are now managed by the YMCA. The city’s splash pad adjacent to Northside, as well as Legion and Robert Strange pools will open Memorial Day Weekend on Saturday, May 25 from 12:00pm-7:00pm.
The city pools will be open to the public on weekends beginning May 25 - June 16. Once school lets out, they will be open every day from June 17 - August 25.
Daily Entrance FeeAdults: $2.00 / DayChildren: $1.00 / DayY Members: Free
Northside Splash Pad
The city’s splash pad adjacent to Northside, as well as Legion and Robert Strange pools are open. The Northside Splash Pad is a great way for families to stay cool this summer. This fun-filled water playground is great for small children, who might not be ready for the full pool experience. The splash pad will open during the hours that Northside Pool is open to the public. The splash pad is free to everyone, including community groups, to use. The splash pad does fill up quickly however, so groups are encouraged to call ahead. The number for Northside Pool is 910-341-7865.
- Running, pushing, rough-housing, or any behavior that compromises the safety or well-being of self or others is prohibite
- Children under 10 years of age MUST be accompanied by an adult, defined as 16 years of age or older, who will accept the responsibility for the safety, and conduct of the child. This adult is responsible for the direct supervision of the child at all times.
- Management reserves the right to close the pool to control crowded conditions or in the event of inclement weather.
- Every pool user must have a signed waiver on file.
- Only Coast Guard Approved Floatation Devices may be utilized in the pool. No inflatables or noodles will be permitted.
- No masks, fins, or snorkels will be permitted in the pool.
- A swim test is required by anyone under 18, who wishes to use the deep end or slide.
- Everyone must shower before entering the pool.
- Swimmers must wear proper swimming attire. Cutoffs are not allowed. Only non-cotton shirts may be worn over swimwear. No basketball shorts, or gym shorts may be worn in the pool.
- Children who are not toilet trained MUST wear a properly fitting swim diaper, a bathing suit must be worn in addition to the diaper.
- NO profane, crude, or obscene language will be permitted.
- NO smoking, alcohol, weapons, or drugs will be permitted.
- No flips allowed. Dives allowed only in designated areas.
- Food/Beverages only allowed in designated areas. NO glass is permitted on the pool deck. Pool users are expected to clean up any trash they may accumulate.
- The City of Wilmington and the YMCA of Southeastern NC are not responsible for any valuables or personal property brought into the pool area.
- Animals are not permitted in the pool area, unless they are service animals with proper identification.
- Aquatics management and lifeguards reserve the right to enforce any rule they deem necessary to ensure the safety of the aquatics facility and our members and guests.