Robert Strange Pool
The Wilmington Family YMCA is so excited to partner with the City of Wilmington to provide the community with three outdoor pools this summer! Along with the traditional opportunity for public swim, we will also be providing swimming lessons, water aerobics, and a number of other aquatics programs to the community. We are looking forward to a great outdoor season!
- Children under 10 years of age MUST be accompanied by an adult, defined as 16 years or older, who will accept the responsibility for the safety and conduct of the child. This adult is responsible for the direct supervision of the child at all times.
- Every pool user must have a signed waiver on file
- A swim test is required by anyone under 18 years, who wishes to use the deep end or slide.
- Running, pushing, rough-housing or any behavior that compromises the safety or well-being of self or others is prohibited,
- Management reserves the right to close the pool to control crowded conditions or in the event of inclement weather.
- Only Coast Guard approved flotation devices may be utilized in the pool. No inflatables or noodles will be permitted.
- Everyone must shower before entering the pool.
- Children who are not toilet trained MUST wear a properly fitting swim diaper, a bathing suit must be worn in addition to the diaper.
- No masks, fins or snorkels will be permitted in the pool.
- Swimmers must wear swimming attired. Cutoffs are not allowed. Only non-cotton shirts may be worn over swimwear. No basketball shorts or gym shorts may be worn in the pool.
- No profane, crude or obscene language will be permitted.
- No smoking, alcohol, weapons or drugs will be permitted.
- No flips allowed. Dives only allowed in designated areas.
- Food/beverages only allowed in designated areas. No glass is permitted on the pool deck. Pool users are expected to clean up any trash they may accumulate.
- The City of Wilmington and the Wilmington Family YMCA are not responsible for any valuables or personal property brought into the pool area.
- Aquatics management and lifeguards reserve the right to enforce any rule they deem necessary to ensure the safety of the aquatics facility and our members and guests.
- Animals are not permitted in the pool area, unless they are service animals with proper identification.