We are excited to announce that we have re-opened all three of our YMCA branches with limited capacity, following the guidelines and recommendations outlined in the Governor's executive order and the CDC. As we safely and carefully reopen our YMCAs we continue to keep the health and safety of our members at the forefront of every decision we make. We have reopened our indoor fitness facilities and continue to increase our program offerings and services each week.
Take a look at our new operating hours
and learn more about our current program offerings below! To protect the health and well-being of staff and members, we have these safeguards in place:
- Comprehensive staff safety trainings
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection
- Health screenings
- Mandatory face coverings for ages 5+
- Plexiglass shields at workstations
- Physical distancing measures
- Upgraded air filtration
- Touchless check-in
- Limited class sizes and occupancy
- Access by reservation only
Face Masks Required
As of part of the Governor's recent executive order, members/guests/program participants ages 5 and older will be required to wear masks when using our facilities but not while exercising/swimming.
The Nir Family YMCA and Midtown YMCA have reopened their indoor fitness facilities with limited capacity and following all local, state and national guidelines. Click here for available workout times and schedules.
Before Returning to the YMCA, Please Remember to:
- Click here to sign our new waiver online prior to coming for faster check-in.
- Make an online reservation to use our facilities or participate in class. You can make an online reservation 24 hours in advance using our mobile app or on our website.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to allow time for screening.
- Locker rooms are available for showers and changing. Our steam room and sauna are not yet open at this time.
- Bring your own mat and workout towel each visit.
- Bring a filled water bottle; drinking fountains will not be available.
What Should You Expect?
- Everyone 5 and older must wear a face mask when visiting the Y. Exceptions include: during vigorous activity or in a swimming pool
- You must have a reservation to use our facilities or participate in classes. You can make an online reservation 24 hours in advance using our mobile app or on our website.
- When you arrive at the YMCA, you will be asked a few screening questions provided by the CDC.
- We will take your temperature using a contactless thermometer, one time only. Any person with a temperature over 100.4 degrees will not be permitted into our facilities for 72 hours as a safety precaution.
- We ask that each family sign a one-time waiver. Click here to sign our waiver online prior to coming for a faster check-in.
- We will verify your online reservation and ask you to scan your membership card before entering our facilities or participate in class.
- We practice the 3Ws (WAIT. WASH. WEAR). We wait 6 ft apart, we wash our hands (and provide hand sanitizer throughout the facility, and we wear face coverings over our nose and mouth (except for when vigorously exercising or in the pool).
- Wipe down equipment before and after use.
Group Exercise Options
We continue to add more classes to our Group Exercise Schedule, indoors, outdoors and virtually, following all guidelines provided by the CDC. You can find available group exercise classes on our schedules page or visit our Virtual YMCA for online classes to enjoy at home. Class capacity is limited based on available space and location.
Reservations for group exercise classes are required and can be done through our mobile app or on our website through our schedules page. You can view a video tutorial on how to reserve a space using the links above.
We are slowly increasing our available hours for Kids Zone at the Nir Family YMCA to better accommodate our members. Our Kids Zone will be available for children ages 3-12 years who are potty-trained. Reservations are required and can be made 24 hours in advance using our mobile app
or on our website
. Our current hours are as follows:
Wednesdays & Fridays
Mondays & Wednesdays
Beginning Monday, November 2nd we will reopen our Men's and Women's Locker Rooms at the Nir Family YMCA. These locker rooms will be available for use Mondays-Fridays 5:00am-1:30pm and Mondays-Thursdays 4:00pm-7:00pm. We ask members to please wear a mask and practice social distancing while in locker room areas. At this time our steam and sauna rooms will remain closed.
Our Family Locker Room is always available for use during regular operating hours.
Indoor & Outdoor Pools
In following state orders, our pools will be open with a reduced capacity. In addition, we will be adhering to strict social distancing standards. During this time, access will be limited to YMCA members only. In order to serve the most members while at lowered capacity, we ask that you limit your daily time at the pool to 1 hour. We have added a reservation system for you to reserve a lane up to 24 hours prior to coming to the Y. Please arrive 15 minutes early as all members will be screened prior to entering.
At this time we are offering lap swimming, water jogging and water aerobics classes to active Y members. Visit our schedules page to view our pool hours and schedules.
We've resumed our Masters Swim program while following the guidelines provided by our local health department. Swim sessions will be limited to 24 swimmers (4 swimmers per lane). Anyone interested in participating can register online. Click here to learn more.
We are excited to share that private and small group swim lessons have resumed - all in compliance with state and local guidelines. We've implemented a number of new safety protocols to maintain social distance, and minimize contact with others. Both weekend and weekday classes are available. Click here to learn more about our new safety policies and register online.
Our youth recreational soccer
and flag football
leagues are in full swing! We are taking precautions outlined by the CDC and local health officials to ensure the health and safety of staff and athletes. Click the links above to learn more about our upcoming programs or register online.
We have begun a slow and careful re-opening of our pickleball programs at our Midtown YMCA, Nir Family YMCA and Ogden YMCA Activity Center. All pickleball play will be available by reservation only and new safety guidelines have been put into place to ensure the safety of our members. Click here
to read more about our new policies and schedules.
Our Nir Family YMCA and Midtown YMCA have re-opened its gyms for Y members to come and play basketball. Active Y members of the same household can reserve a hoop by making an online reservation through our mobile app
or on our website
Racquetball/Handball Court Play
Active Y members of the same household or individual Y members can reserve a court to play racquetball or handball at the Nir Family YMCA. You can reserve a court Mondays-Fridays 5:15AM-5:30PM and Saturdays 8:15AM-1:00PM. Visit our schedules page
to view our court schedule or make an online reservation.
Extended Learning Day Camps
This school year we are offering an Extended Learning Day Camp to provide full-day, weekly options for students participating in virtual learning outside of school. Kids will engage in a variety of educational and imaginative activities, play sports and games and receive help with their virtual learning assignments.
This program, like all of our other youth programs, operates with thorough health safeguards to protect our students and staff members. Our specially trained team help practice social distancing, frequently disinfect program spaces and shared items, perform regular health checks and make sure all kids stay safe while having fun. Click to explore Extended Learning.