City Pools Public Swim
Welcome Back to the City of Wilmington's Outdoor Pools! We are thrilled to open our doors again this summer and look forward to seeing you soon!
Following the recommendations provided by our state and local officials, our outdoor pools will be operating under limited capacity for your safety and others. This summer we require call-in reservations to be made the day of swim in order to access our outdoor pools. Please take a moment to read through the following safety guidelines so you can know what to expect when you return to our outdoor pools.
- Call in Reservation will be available for each pool to ensure your spot and to help with waiting. (Under each pool facility will be instructions on how to reserve your space)
- Screenings will take place for all guest. Each guest will have their temperature checked, be asked 3 CDC questions, sign a guest waiver and a pay guest fee to enter.
- Temperature guidelines will be the following: Temperature check by a touchless thermometer with one reading. Reading of 100.4 and above will not be permitted in pool that day and to wait 72 hours prior to returning.
- As part of the Governor's recent executive order, members/guests ages 11 and above will be required to wear masks when using our facilities but not while exercising/swimming. Ages 10 and under are not required to wear a mask.
- CDC questions will be the following:
- Have you experienced any COVID-19 related symptoms such as cough, shortness of breath, fever of 100.4 degrees F of higher, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste/smell?
- Are you currently waiting for COVID-19 test results?
- Have you been exposed to anyone with any of the COVID-19 related symptoms, anyone who is suspected of, or has a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Once you have confirmed your reservation, you need to come swim ready. Showers are closed and ask all patrons to wash your hands and take a rinse off shower on our pool decks prior to entering the water.
- Individuals, Families or groups will have a specific time block and area to swim along with a dedicated sitting area to help maintain social distancing while in our pools.
- Restrooms will be open for any bathroom emergency
- Each time Block is 1 hour for swimming, as our staff teams cleans between each user group to maintain a clean environment for all.
- Thank you for your help while you enter and exit the area.
- Each Facility will have a call in Reservation number to reserve their space for the day
- We only take reservations the day of swim since this is an outdoor facility and weather permitting
- Each reservation is for an hour in our pool, and then we clear our pool decks to clean prior to next swim block
- We ask all to reserve only one-time block per day per individual or family to allow us to serve more of the community
Robert Strange Pool - Extended Hours Through September 2020
Call in reservations are required the day of swim. For reservations call (910) 899-7332. Leave a message and we return phone calls in the order received.
WEEKDAY HOURS (Tuesdays and Thursdays only)
11:30 am-12:30 pm Deep water aerobics and lap swim
12:45 pm-1:45 pm Family swim, lap swim, deep water jogging
2:00 pm-3:00 pm Family swim, lap swim, deep water jogging
3:15 pm-4:15 pm Family swim, lap swim, deep water jogging
1:00 pm-2:00 pm Family swim, lap swim, deep water jogging
2:30 pm-3:30 pm Family swim, lap swim, deep water jogging
4:00 pm-5:00 pm Family swim, lap swim, deep water jogging
Daily Entrance Fee
Call in reservations are required the day of swim. Please see each of our outdoor pool locations below for contact information.
Adults: $2.00 / Day
Children: $1.00 / Day
Y Members: Free
Robert Strange Pool - Open for Reservations Only401 S. 10th St. Wilmington, NC 28401Click to view...
13 and under: Required to be under adult supervision of someone 16+ years old18 & Under: Required to have parent/guardian fill out registration paperwork upon first visit
Cierra Stone, Aquatics Coordinator
YMCA of Southeastern NC(910) 251-9622 x224