We will begin a slow and careful re-opening of our pickleball programs beginning Monday, July 27 at our Midtown YMCA, Nir Family YMCA and Ogden YMCA Activity Center. At this time we are only allowing YMCA members with a reservation use our facilities at this time. The following guidelines will govern pickleball play at this time:
- All pickleball play will be available by reservation only through our our website or mobile app (we recommend using our app because you will not be required to log in each time). Reservations become available 24 hours in advance. One reservation permitted per day to give others a chance to play.
- The numbers of players is limited to 5 players/court. These players will rotate within their group of 5 only. Two courts max to limit capacity in our gymnasiums.
- Each court will get sanitized balls at the Welcome Desk. Return the balls after play to be sanitized for the next group.
- We will have two colors of balls – green and white. Your group of 5 will only play with the 4 balls of the same color.
- Play will be 1 hour and 20 minutes. Staff will then prepare the area for the next group.
- Masks must be worn in/out of the facility and may be removed once play begins.
- Court reservations will be designated by skill level. Click here for skill level definitions.
Pickleball play times will be available during the following hours. More information on time slots coming soon!
Nir Family YMCA
Saturdays 9:00am – 2:00pm
Mondays-Thursdays 5:30pm – 6:45pm
Ogden YMCA Activity Center
Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays 9:30am- 12:30pm
A advanced 3.5 – 4.5
B intermediate 2.5 – 3.5
C low intermediate & newbies 1.5 – 2.5
Midtown YMCA709 George Anderson Dr. Wilmington, NC 910-769-6800 Nir Family YMCA2710 Market St. Wilmington, NC910-251-8196 Ogden YMCA Activity Center7207 Ogden Business Ln. Wilmington, NC910-726-9847 x921
Questions? Contact us!
Jane Klippel, Operations DirectorMidtown YMCA910-769-6800Jane.Klippel@ymcasenc.org