Senior Games and SilverArts
Join the fun! The Wilmington Family Y and the Senior Games by the Sea partner each year to host the Senior Games for adults ages 50 and older. Senior Games by the Sea is the local qualifier for the North Carolina State Senior Games which is part of the National Senior Games Association. Participants who place in the local games are eligible to compete at the state and even the national games!
The competition includes athletic and artistic events.
Senior Games is a great opportunity to maintain and improve your overall fitness and wellness through recreational, athletic, artistic and competitive events that give everyone, regardless of fitness level or athletic aptitude, a venue for participation.
We would like to thank our sponsors:
Athletic Events Include:
- Track: 100M, 200M, 400M, 800M, 1500M Run and Race Walk, 5K Run and Race Walk
- Field: Discus, Shot Put, Running Long Jump, Standing Long Jump
- Table Tennis
- Cycling: 1Mile, 5K, 10K
- Basketball: Shoot Out, Tournament
- Swimming: 50M, 100M, and 200M Backstroke, Breaststroke, Freestyle, Butterfly. 100M & 200M IM. 500M Freestyle
- Softball Tournament
- Corn Hole, Football Throw, Softball Toss, Bocce Ball, Shuffleboard, Horseshoes
- Silver Stride Fun Walk
Silver Arts Competition Includes:
- Visual Arts: Acrylics, Drawing, Pastels, Photography, Oil, Sculpture, Watercolor and Mixed Media
- Heritage Arts: Basket Weaving, China Painting, Jewelry, Knitting, Needlework, Pottery (thrown or hand built), Stained Glass, Tole/Decorative Painting, Wood Carving, Woodworking, and Woodturning, Quilting (hand or machine)
- Literary Arts: Poetry, Short Story (Fiction), Essay, Life Experiences (autobiography)
- Performing Arts: Vocal, Dance, Comedy/Drama, Instrumental, Line Dance
Bridget Carroll, Senior Games by the Sea Local Coordinator(910) 251-9622 x274 Bridget.Carroll@ymcasenc.org