Senior Games and SilverArts
Join the fun! The Wilmington Family Y and the Senior Games by the Sea partner each year to host the Senior Games for adults ages 50 and older. Senior Games by the Sea is the local qualifier for the North Carolina State Senior Games which is part of the National Senior Games Association. Participants who place in the local games are eligible to compete at the state and even the national games!
The competition includes athletic and artistic events.
Senior Games is a great opportunity to maintain and improve your overall fitness and wellness through recreational, athletic, artistic and competitive events that give everyone, regardless of fitness level or athletic aptitude, a venue for participation.
Athletic Events Include:
- Track: 100M, 200M, 400M, 800M, 1500M Run and Race Walk, 5K Run and Race Walk
- Field: Discus, Shot Put, Running Long Jump, Standing Long Jump
- Table Tennis
- Cycling: 1Mile, 5K, 10K
- Basketball: Shoot Out, Tournament
- Swimming: 50M, 100M, and 200M Backstroke, Breaststroke, Freestyle, Butterfly. 100M & 200M IM. 500M Freestyle
- Softball Tournament
- Corn Hole, Football Throw, Softball Toss, Bocce Ball, Shuffleboard, Horseshoes
- Silver Stride Fun Walk
Silver Arts Competition Includes:
- Visual Arts: Acrylics, Drawing, Pastels, Photography, Oil, Sculpture, Watercolor and Mixed Media
- Heritage Arts: Basket Weaving, China Painting, Jewelry, Knitting, Needlework, Pottery (thrown or hand built), Stained Glass, Tole/Decorative Painting, Wood Carving, Woodworking, and Woodturning, Quilting (hand or machine)
- Literary Arts: Poetry, Short Story (Fiction), Essay, Life Experiences (autobiography)
- Performing Arts: Vocal, Dance, Comedy/Drama, Instrumental, Line Dance
Download & View Information Packet for Details on Events, Rules, Fees, and Specific Event Dates!
2017 Senior Games Dates
April - May 2017
2018 Senior Games Training Days
The YMCA is proud to announce training days beginning in June of 2017 to help prepare athletes for the 2018 Senior Games by the Sea. These events are free/low cost, are open to the public, and are a great chance for Fellowship, Fun & Fitness!
Bridget Carroll, Senior Games by the Sea Local Coordinator(910) 251-9622 x246 (this is the voicemail for Aileen Sutton, Healthy Living Director, all calls will be forwarded to Bridget)Bridget.Carroll@wilmingtonfamilyymca.org
See All Month's Events