Weight Loss Challenges
Get serious about healthy living in our with our Weight Loss Challenges! Whether you're looking to loose 10 pounds, more, or simply maintain all the good work you've already put in, we're here to help! We know that exercise and being physically fit is only one part of living a healthy life, feeling good and enjoying yourself. Our programs combines workouts with education about nutrition and exercise strategy, so you don’t just achieve your weight loss goals; you keep the pounds off after you complete the program by changing your habits for the long term. Improve your health and quality of life! Each year we offer two weight loss challenges.
8 week program designed to activate your weight loss and give you the tools you need for life-long success in a supportive small-group atmosphere. A combination of education, mandatory food tracking, and group workouts will give you the support you need to meet your goals.
- Lead by ACE Certified Weight Management Specialist
- Pre & Post Fitness Evaluations
- Weekly Weigh-ins
- Weekly Workouts
- Nutrition Coaching
- Learn Exercise Programming
- Daily Food Tracking Required
- Group Support
- Maximum 12 Per Group
Tuesdays & ThursdaysAM Session: 10:45am-11:45amPM Session: 6:30pm-7:30pmOctober 9th - November 29th
$125 for Y members$205 for nonmembers. Nonmember registration fee includes access to the YMCA for the duration of the program.
Aileen Sutton High, Healthy Living Directoraileen.email@example.com 910-251-9622 x246 Register
Lose It Team Weight Loss Challenge - Coming February 2019
The YMCA's own "Biggest Loser Challenge" in a fun environment! During this 10 week program you'll meet and work out with your Team and Personal Trainer every week, attend weekly wellness seminars, and enjoy team motivation as you strive to be the winning team and reach your goals. The winning team (team with the greatest % of weight loss) will win BIG! Each team must have a minimum of 4 participants and a maximum of 6.
- Team T-shirt
- Pre and Post fitness assessment
- Weekly Workouts with your Team Personal Trainer
- Weekly Weigh-ins (There are NO MAKEUP times or dates for weekly workouts, weigh-ins or prizes)
- Weekly prizes for the teams that has lost the most % of BW
- Health & Fitness Handouts
- Weekly Health & Fitness Seminars
- Percentage Weight Loss Posted Weekly
- Weekly Emails
- Bonus Challenges throughout the program
- Healthy Shopping on a Budget
- Selecting Intensity for your Workout
- Sleep and Its Importance
- Secrets to a Flatter Stomach
- The Importance of Balance and Stability
- Trigger Point Therapy - Do It Yourself Demo
- Foam Rolling Demo
- Behavior Change
- Goal Setting
- Healthy Eating
Stay tuned...coming February 2019!
$225 for Y Members$325 for Non MembersSave $25 by registering before January 15th!
Aileen Sutton High, Healthy Living Directoraileen.firstname.lastname@example.org 910-251-9622 x246Register online or at the membership desk. Contact us for more details.
Some of the fine print:
- Each participant is required to fill out a participant packet and agree to the challenge rules and policies.
- Due to the nature of the program, absolutely no refunds after February 12th.
- Team members on the winning team will be asked to fill out a supplemental membership agreement form to reflect the changes in your membership draft.
- Minimum of 4 people and maximum of 6 per team. Refunds are provided if team minimums are not met.
- Must have 6 teams in order for challenge to begin. Refunds are provided if team minimums are not met.