Weight Loss Programs
Get serious about healthy living with one of our Weight Loss Programs! Whether you're looking to lose weight, get healthier, stay off medications, change bad habits, or maintain the weight and fitness level you've achieved, we're here to help! We know that exercise and being physically fit is only one part of living a healthy life, feeling good and enjoying yourself. Our programs combine workouts with education about nutrition and exercise strategy. Don't just achieve your fitness goals, we want to help you achieve a healthier lifestyle for the rest of your life! Each year we offer two weight loss programs.
8 week program designed to activate your weight loss and give you the tools you need for life-long success in a supportive small-group atmosphere. A combination of education, mandatory food tracking, and group workouts will give you the support you need to meet your goals.
- Lead by ACE Certified Weight Management Specialist
- Pre & Post Fitness Evaluations
- Weekly Weigh-ins
- Weekly Workouts
- Nutrition Coaching
- Learn Exercise Programming
- Daily Food Tracking Required
- Group Support
- Maximum 12 Per Group
September 30th - November 25th
Jen Pate, Wellness Programs Coordinator
Register online or at the membership desk. Early bird registration special through Sept 1.
Contact us for more details.
Healthy Weight and Your Child
Looking for a program for your child - check out Healthy Weight and Your Child - a new evidence based program for children ages 8-13 and a caregiver.
Lose It Team Weight Loss Challenge
The YMCA's own "Biggest Loser Challenge" in a fun environment! During this 8+2 week program you'll meet and work out with your Team and Personal Trainer every week, attend weekly wellness seminars, and enjoy team motivation as you strive to be the winning team and reach your goals. The winning team (team with the greatest % of weight loss) will win BIG! Each team must have a minimum of 4 participants and a maximum of 6.
- Team T-shirt
- Pre and Post fitness assessment
- Weekly Workouts with your Team Personal Trainer
- Weekly Weigh-ins (There are NO MAKEUP times or dates for weekly workouts, weigh-ins or prizes)
- Health & Fitness Handouts
- Weekly Health & Fitness Seminars
- Percentage Weight Loss Posted Weekly
- Weekly Emails
- Bonus Challenges throughout the program
2020 Seminar Topics:
- Week 1 Saturday, 1/25 9:30am "Food Tracking 101" by Jen Pate
- Week 2 Thursday, 2/6 6:30pm "Food Preparation" by Sarah Dalmas (Nir Family YMCA Kitchen)
- Week 3 Thursday, 2/13 Noon "Fitness Wearables" by Dawn Nelson
- Week 4 Friday, 2/21 1:00pm "Cardiovascular & Resistance Training: Building Blocks for Effective Weight Loss" by Christine Parrish
- Week 5 Wednesday, 2/25 1:00pm "Exercise Programming" by Chris Musgrove
- Week 6 Wednesday, 3/4 Noon "How Sleep, Fuel, and Rest Help Your Metabolism" by Alissa Trott
- Week 7 Monday, 3/9 10:00am "Y Zone Recover" by Andie Falconi, Tuesday, 3/10 6:30pm "Y Zone Recover" by Andie Falconi
- Week 8 Thursday, 3/19 1:00pm "Keep the Momentum" by Lori Campbell
*open to Y-members not enrolled in Lose It for a $10 per seminar fee. Register at the desk or online. Limited space available.
January 25th - April 17th
Nir Family YMCA
2710 Market Street - Wilmington, NC 28403
Mondays @ 12 Noon Black Team with ChristineTuesdays @ 5:30am Dark Gray Team with AlissaTuesdays @ 6:30pm Yellow Team with DawnWednesdays @ 10:00am Red Team with JenThursdays @ 10:30am Royal Blue Team with LoriFridays @ 12:00 Noon Heathered Teal Team with SarahSaturday, @ 10:00am Purple Team with Chris
$225 for Y Members$325 for Non MembersEarly Bird Special $199 / members, $299 / non-members by January 4, 2020!!
Jen Pate, Wellness Programs Coordinator
Register online or at the membership desk. Contact us for more details.
Some of the fine print:
- Each participant is required to fill out a participant packet and agree to the challenge rules and policies.
- Due to the nature of the program, absolutely no refunds after January 25th.
- Minimum of 4 people and maximum of 6 per team. Refunds are provided if team minimums are not met.
- Must have 6 teams in order for challenge to begin. Refunds are provided if team minimums are not met.